Broccoli with Asiago Recipe
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into spears
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shaved Asiago cheese
- 1. Place broccoli in a large skillet; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Drain well. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the broccoli, salt and pepper. Top with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 213 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli with Asiago
"We all loved it! My husband gave it a "10" after just a few bites, & it was the first thing gone on my 2 & 4 yr-old's plates. One thing - when it says "keep warm" about the broccoli, they aren't kidding. It cools off very quickly. The asiago is a perfect compliment."