Broccoli with Asiago
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into spears
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup shaved Asiago cheese
- Place broccoli in a large skillet; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Drain well. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the broccoli, salt and pepper. Top with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 213 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 11, 2010
We all loved it! My husband gave it a "10" after just a few bites, & it was the first thing gone on my 2 & 4 yr-old's plates. One thing - when it says "keep warm" about the broccoli, they aren't kidding. It cools off very quickly. The asiago is a perfect compliment.
Dec 8, 2009
We made this as one of our sides for our Thanksgiving dinner, and we loved it. What a healthy - and different - way to prepare broccoli!