Broccoli Tuna Squares
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 can (12 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos, drained
- Unroll crescent roll dough into one long rectangle; place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Seal seams and perforations; press onto bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides. Sprinkle with cheese and broccoli.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, soup, mayonnaise, onion powder and dill. Stir in tuna and pimientos; pour over broccoli.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 318 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 738mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Mar 26, 2017
My husband and I thought this was pretty good. We cut the recipe in half for just the two of us, and honestly we almost finished the whole thing ourselves. I used fresh broccoli which I steamed prior to starting the recipe. I also left out the pimientos, but instead I chopped up some red bell pepper and mixed it in with the egg and mayo mixture. My oven runs hot but it still took about 42 minutes for this to completely set. We thought this tasted very much like a tuna quiche. While this was yummy, it did lack any kind of "wow" factor. It's just a good, every day recipe.
Nov 28, 2015
The original recipe (which I used) called for a 10 oz pkg frozen chopped broccoli and 3 eggs. It turned out wonderful, except it took 1 hr to bake so that a knife inserted near the center came out clean. It was so tasty!
Jan 15, 2015
I'm not a huge fan of tuna, but this recipe I like pretty well because it mutes the tuna taste pretty effectively. I used CoJack cheese.
Mar 14, 2014
My whole family has asked me to make this casserole again, and again.The only thing I did different was to leave out the pimentos.
Aug 2, 2012
You use the crescent roll pastry as the base for this casserole. I like Pimento's stuffed into Pickled Green Olives, but not just as a colored Red Pepper in the Casserole. I would substitute 1/2 tsp. Dried Red Pepper Flakes or 1 tsp. Hot Pepper Sauce.