Broccoli Tortellini Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 3-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider or red wine viengar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 to 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Rinse in cold water; drain. Place carrots in a steamer basket over 1 in of boiling water in a saucepan. Cover and steam for 3-4 minutes. Add broccoli; steam 4-5 minutes longer or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain. In a large bowl, combine tortellini, carrots, broccoli and onions. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 262 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 532mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli Tortellini Salad
"Its good but an awful lot of work for the amount that it makes. The onion doesn't add anything and feels out of place. Entirely too much garlic as well."
"The dressing for this salad is excellent. I used the dry herbs. I didn't bother cooking the broccoli and carrot as I like the crunch."