I had an abundance of tomatoes and broccoli one year, so I began experimenting to see how best I could use both of them. Now this recipe is a family favorite.
Recommended: 30-Minute Meals Your Family Will Love
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 to 8 medium tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese; set aside. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato; scoop out pulp and place in a strainer to drain. Place tomatoes upside down on paper towels.
- Cook the broccoli until crisp-tender; drain. Chop tomato pulp and place in a large bowl. Add broccoli, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and remaining crumbs and Parmesan; mix gently.
- Stuff tomatoes; place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-40 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Tomato Cups in Country August/September 1995, p49
Reviews forBroccoli Tomato Cups
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2010
"Very good! I wouldn't change a thing."