Broccoli Tofu Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) silken reduced-fat extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry the tofu, onions, ginger, garlic and pepper flakes in 3 teaspoons oil until onions are tender. Remove and set aside. In the same pan, stir-fry the broccoli coleslaw mix in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Combine the peanut butter and teriyaki sauce; stir into coleslaw mix. Return tofu mixture to the pan. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
Editor's NoteBroccoli coleslaw mix may be found in the produce section of most grocery stores.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 276 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 526mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 24, 2014
really good, and super simple
Dec 29, 2010
I can stand more than a 1/2 tsp of ginger. So what is a good substitute for ginger?
Sep 5, 2010
Good taste. Family didn't know it was tofu. They enjoyed it.
Jul 8, 2008
I performed a Google search and found the ingredients to be: shredded broccoli, carrots, and red cabbage
Mar 27, 2008
Can anyone help me with what is included in the broccoli coleslaw mix? I live in Japan and can't buy this ready made.