- 1 pound fresh broccoli spears
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Place broccoli and a small amount of water in a saucepan; cover and cook until crisp-tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- 2. In a small skillet, melt butter. Add bread crumbs and toss to coat. Cook and stir over medium heat until warmed, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in egg.
- 3. Drain broccoli; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with crumb topping.
1 cup: 91 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Dec 31, 1969
This is easy and quick to make. For personal preference, I omitted the egg. The taste is similar to a broccoli casserole.