Broccoli-Stuffed Potatoes with Dill
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 4 medium baking potatoes (8 ounces each)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a small skillet, saute broccoli and onion in butter for 5 minutes or until tender. In a large bowl, mash the potato pulp with milk, sour cream, dill, salt and pepper until smooth. Fold in broccoli mixture.
- Stuff into potato shells; sprinkle with cheese. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 296 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 468mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 15, 2014
I did not do well with this recipe, however in all fairness it was probably my fault. I was in a little hurry and did not let the potatoes bake long enough. Then, basically I destroyed the skins scooping them out and ended up baking in a casserole dish instead. Overall the flavor was okay. I was just so frustrated and overtired that I didn't really enjoy this dish. It would probably be worth another try when I was not so rushed.