- 4 medium baking potatoes (8 ounces each)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a small skillet, saute broccoli and onion in butter for 5 minutes or until tender. In a large bowl, mash the potato pulp with milk, sour cream, dill, salt and pepper until smooth. Fold in broccoli mixture.
- Stuff into potato shells; sprinkle with cheese. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBroccoli-Stuffed Potatoes with Dill
"I did not do well with this recipe, however in all fairness it was probably my fault. I was in a little hurry and did not let the potatoes bake long enough. Then, basically I destroyed the skins scooping them out and ended up baking in a casserole dish instead. Overall the flavor was okay. I was just so frustrated and overtired that I didn't really enjoy this dish. It would probably be worth another try when I was not so rushed."