Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 eggs, separated
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir broccoli and butter until the butter is melted. Set 2 tablespoons broccoli aside for topping. Add flour and salt to the remaining broccoli; stir until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; add cheese, stirring until cheese is melted.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks until thickened and lemon-colored, about 5 minutes. Add broccoli mixture and set aside. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into broccoli mixture.
- Pour into an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. deep round baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the reserved broccoli. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 133 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 361mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 10, 2010
Great Recipe, I have made about 4 times now, you can add potatoes and zuchinni as well. I also top with cheddar cheese sprinkles to add color and a little different flavor.