- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 egg, separated
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir broccoli and butter until the butter is melted. Set 2 tablespoons aside for topping. Add flour and salt to the remaining broccoli; stir until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese. In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until thickened and lemon-colored, about 3 minutes. Add broccoli mixture and set aside. In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into broccoli mixture. Pour into an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. deep round baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the reserved broccoli. Bake 10 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBroccoli Souffle
"Great Recipe, I have made about 4 times now, you can add potatoes and zuchinni as well. I also top with cheddar cheese sprinkles to add color and a little different flavor."