- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 8 ounces uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter and oil until tender. Add broccoli and salt; cook and stir over medium-high heat for 8 minutes. Add shrimp; cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink and broccoli is tender. Drain pasta; transfer to a serving bowl. Add the broccoli mixture; toss gently. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBroccoli Shrimp Pasta Toss
"easy and delicious!"
"My family loved this recipe. We had all the ingredients on hand and it was something I threw together, I also incorporated the additional ingredients the 1 reviewer suggested. It worked out great!"
"I really liked this dish. I did add some fresh spinach to the saute of onion & garlic. Next time I make this I may try adding a little lemon juice & zest. An easy & fast dish to make."
"This dish is on the table faster than fast food and it's so much better for you. I make this often and have made only a few changes. I use a whole grain pasta, I add a chopped red pepper, as other reviewers stated... I use cooked shrimp to get this dish on the plate even quicker. As the final touch I add is a sprinkling of crushed red pepper. Delish!"
"I don't care for shrimp, but I made this for my husband and he was very pleased with this recipe!"
"This was a wonderful and very tasty dish. My picky son even liked it!! I also used cooked shrimp. yum!"
"Very good!! And you can use cooked shrimp, just put them in a min. or 2 until they are warm. Will definately fix again!!"
"My family enjoys this recipe very much. I sometimes substitute chicken breasts (cubed) instead of shrimp."