- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups cooked spiral pasta
- In a large skillet, saute the sausage, broccoli and onion for 5-6 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Add the tomatoes, basil, parsley and sugar. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add pasta and heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBroccoli Sausage Simmer
"Oh gosh! This is ssooo good. I have a hard time finding recipes to put my homegrown herbs in, to where you can actually taste them in a dish, but this one really does showcase the herbs beautifully. I left out the onion just on personal preference. One of my favorite recipes."
"I just made this as an impromptu dish and it was great! Even with turkey kielbasa. The tomato juice thickened up nicely. The only thing I should've done was throw in the broccoli last - I used frozen broccoli that I defrosted to crisp tender. It held up ok, but I personally wanted the kielbasa and onions flavors to mingle first."
"I made this for my family and it was a hit! Even my picky four year old was scaring it down. Thank You."