Broccoli Romano Pasta
This comforting pasta dish is so easy to put together when time is tight. Try Pecorino Romano cheese for a new flavor sensation or toss in some frozen peas to add extra nutrition.—Geri Distefano, Nepean, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute broccoli and green onions in oil for 3 minutes. Stir in the water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Drain pasta and add to broccoli mixture; toss with cheese.