Broccoli Romano Pasta
This comforting pasta dish is so easy to put together when time is tight. Try Pecorino Romano cheese for a new flavor sensation or toss in some frozen peas to add extra nutrition.—Geri Distefano, Nepean, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute broccoli and green onions in oil for 3 minutes. Stir in the water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Drain pasta and add to broccoli mixture; toss with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 248 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Broccoli Pasta in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.