"This creamy dish cooks in about 15 minutes, so it's easy to put together before church on potluck Sundays," reports Faye Hintz of Springfield, Missouri.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese spread
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup milk
- Dash pepper
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onion
- In a microwave-safe 2-qt. casserole, combine soup, cheese spread, rice, milk and pepper. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir in broccoli, onion and celery. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-9 minutes, rotating a half-turn once. Sprinkle onions over top; microwave on high for 30 seconds. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli-Rice Side Dish in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p51
Reviews forBroccoli-Rice Side Dish
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 14, 2012
"Great flavor! easy to make! Everyone loved it! Will make again!"
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2009
"Very easy and delicious!"
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2009
"Great for a pot-luck. I'd suggest using a sweet onion so it doesn't overpower the dish."