Broccoli-Rice Side Dish
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese spread
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup milk
- Dash pepper
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onion
- In a microwave-safe 2-qt. casserole, combine soup, cheese spread, rice, milk and pepper. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir in broccoli, onion and celery. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 7-9 minutes, rotating a half-turn once. Sprinkle onions over top; microwave on high for 30 seconds.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 133 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 318mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 14, 2012
Great flavor! Easy to make! Everyone loved it! Will make again!
Dec 3, 2012
Very good-I used fat free cream of chicken soup to lower the fat-but I don't think it effected the flavor at all! i also added crispy rice noodles instead of the fried onions and that worked as well. Everyone enjoyed it!
Dec 12, 2009
Very easy and delicious!
Mar 17, 2009
Great for a pot-luck. I'd suggest using a sweet onion so it doesn't overpower the dish.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.