Broccoli Rice Bake
We start thinking about creamy casseroles like this when the seasons start to change. It's warming and comforting, plus getting it ready for the oven takes only minutes.—Naomi Cross, Owenton, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup process cheese sauce
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking rice
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli cuts, cooked and drained
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the soups, cheese sauce, rice and mushrooms. Stir in broccoli and the celery mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 267 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 1216mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Broccoli Rice Bake in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.