- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup process cheese sauce
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking rice
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli cuts, cooked and drained
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the soups, cheese sauce, rice and mushrooms. Stir in broccoli and the celery mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forBroccoli Rice Bake
"Have made several times but I do add an extra 1/2 cup of rice...it's always a hit!"
"similiar to our broccoli casserole- omit mushrooms"