Broccoli Rabe & Garlic Pasta for 2
“I created this because I needed a quick entrée with few ingredients. The garlic flavored oil makes the rapini less bitter, and with toasted garlic, it's a great dish.” —Mary Ann Lee, Clifton Park, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 8 ounces broccoli rabe
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, trim 1/2 in. from broccoli rabe stems; discard any coarse or damaged leaves. Rinse broccoli rabe in cold water and cut into 2-in. pieces; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the broccoli rabe, salt, pepper, pepper flakes and 1/2 cup broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until broccoli rabe is tender. Drain linguine; add to the pan. Stir in parsley and enough remaining broth to moisten the linguine. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 429 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 518mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Pasta with Rappini and Toasted Garlic Cloves in Taste of Home April/May 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.