Broccoli Quiche Crepe Cups
When I was very young and just learning to cook, this was one of the first recipes I made. I still make these and my children do, too! —Kristin Arnett, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli with cheese sauce
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- In a blender, combine the milk, eggs, flour and salt; cover and process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line each of four 6-oz. custard cups with a crepe; set aside. Freeze remaining crepes in a freezer bag, leaving waxed paper between each crepe, up to 3 months.
- For filling, cook broccoli according to package directions. Cut up any larger pieces of broccoli. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave bacon on high 2 minutes; drain. Add onion; microwave on high 3 minutes or until tender. Beat eggs and milk; stir in broccoli mixture and bacon mixture. Spoon into prepared crepe cups.
- Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from custard cups and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 438 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 299mg cholesterol, 669mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Broccoli Quiche Crepe Cups in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook