Broccoli Potato Soup Recipe
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute broccoli and onion in butter until tender. Stir in soup, milk, water, basil and pepper; heat through. Add cheese; stir until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 174 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 709mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli Potato Soup
"I make this really often now with frozen broccoli, substituting evaporated skim milk for all the liquid and adding canned corn. I also sprinkle in some crushed dried red pepper for a little extra zip!"
"I used a bag of frozen broccoli and just thawed it in the microwave for a few minutes while sauteing the onions. This soup tasted great!"
"Very good for a quick meal to serve along with grilled sandwiches."
"This was a great lunch, served with warm rolls. I will be making this again--it was just delicious."
"I ran the cooked broccoli,onion, milk, and water thru the blender before adding the potaot soup. This recipe was nice for just three of us."