Broccoli-Onion Deluxe Recipe
A friend gave me this recipe years ago. It's a marvelous dish to go with any meat...also a vegetable dish that will "keep" if your dinner party happens to be running late!
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pearl onions
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1. In a covered saucepan, cook onions in a small amount of water for 5 minutes. Add broccoli; cook 5 more minutes. Drain. Place in a 2-qt. baking dish. In a small saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper. Gradually add milk; cook and stir until thickened. Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Pour sauce over vegetables; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Melt remaining butter; combine with crumbs. Sprinkle over casserole. Return to the oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1/2 cup: 219 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli-Onion Deluxe
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC