Broccoli-Nut Stuffing Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 3 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into spears or 3 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli spears, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups crushed seasoned stuffing
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup water
- Place broccoli in a saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter; stir in flour and bouillon until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Pour over broccoli. Combine stuffing and walnuts. Heat water and remaining butter until melted; toss with stuffing mixture. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 439 calories, 33g fat (16g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1028mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 7g fiber), 13g protein.
Nov 10, 2015
This was a tasty side dish. It took a little more time than the side dishes I usually make. I used fresh broccoli and the entire dish tasted very fresh. I also used chopped cashews because that's what I had in the house. The only gripe I have is that it was missing something. Next time I'm going to try putting some garlic salt or minced garlic with salt in it to see if it'll help. Otherwise a good dish that I will make again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.