Broccoli Mushroom Bake Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and drained
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in the flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low; stir in the cheeses until smooth (sauce will be thick). Fold in the broccoli and mushrooms.
- 2. Spoon into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 283 calories, 20g fat (14g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 439mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli Mushroom Bake
"i liked the combination of mushrooms and broccoli, two of my favorite vegetables."