Broccoli Italiano Recipe
- 5-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 4 teaspoons olive or canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Place broccoli in a steamer basket over water; cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. In a nonstick skillet, cook onions in oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds longer. Reduce heat. Add the broccoli, lemon juice, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Add mushrooms. Yield: 7 servings.
3/4 cup: 49 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Broccoli Italiano
"Been making this since 2009, LOVE it. Sorry it took SO long to post."