Broccoli Grape Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 1-1/2 cups seedless red or green grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, grapes, celery and raisins. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar and vinegar. Pour over broccoli mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in sunflower kernels.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 145 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Oct 5, 2011
This was very good.. I always blanche the broccoli for about 2-4 min, then into ice water, before adding to a salad. It just softens it a bit and makes it easier to eat.
Jul 16, 2008
I must say, at first I was a little apprehensive to combine grape and broccoli- I didn't think they would be a good match. I was pleasantly surprised by the combination. The grape provided sweetness and a little excitement to the dish and the broccoli added some great texture and substance. One tip- make sure to preserve the stems on the broccoli. While most people cut them off- I find they are the best part!!
May 3, 2008
Everybody LOVED this!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.