Broccoli Garbanzo Salad
This is a fun and different side dish. This salad goes well with Mexican and Italian food. It's a nice change of pace from lettuce—and does not take much prep work.—Elizabeth Freise, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4-1/2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket over 1 in. of boiling water in a saucepan. Cover and steam for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Rinse with cold water; drain and place in a bowl. Add the garbanzo beans and olives. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 152 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Broccoli Garbanzo Salad in Country Woman March/April 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.