Broccoli Fish Bundles
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 18 fresh broccoli spears (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 6 Monterey Jack cheese cubes
- 6 sole or flounder fillets (about 2 pounds)
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning, optional
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, place broccoli in a small amount of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain.
- For each bundle, place a cheese cube on three spears. Wrap with a fish fillet and fasten with a toothpick if necessary. Place on a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper if desired. Bake at 350° for 15-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, combine butter, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Transfer fish bundles to a serving platter; remove toothpicks. Drizzle with butter mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 354 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein.
Jan 8, 2015
A nice way to combine things I usually serve together anyway- fish and broccoli.We tried it with tilapia instead of flounder and found it harder to stay wrapped. I used a toothpick to hold it together and needed to cook it a bit longer to make sure the inside wascompletely cooked. Tasted delicious!
Mar 22, 2011
This was an interesting & different way to serve fish. My family and I liked it, and I plan to make it again. I may try different cheeses, just to experiment, but it's excellent just as it is.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.