Broccoli Egg Cups
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 10 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Grease six 8-oz. ramekins; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add broccoli; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place broccoli in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk 4 eggs, cream, cheese, parsley, salt, basil and cayenne; pour into prepared dishes. Break an egg into each dish; arrange broccoli around each egg.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until set.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 256 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 397mg cholesterol, 378mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Apr 20, 2011
Has anyone tried this with frozen broccoli?
Jul 10, 2010
sorry that was a DUH it makes six not four
Jul 10, 2010
why does it call for 10 eggs when you only use 8
Jun 17, 2010
Mommom, you should be able to lighten it up with EggBeaters, and Fat Free half and half. I haven't tried it with this recipe, but generally have good results doing that
May 11, 2010
is there a lighter version?
May 10, 2010
we had this today for dinner... it was yummier than I expected! will make again :-)
Apr 2, 2010
this was very light and fluffy goodness!
Mar 30, 2010
yes this is really nice recipe. I like it very much.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.