For a delicious herb dip, try this recipe suggested by Lisa Hawes of Dallas, Texas. "It's great on a holiday buffet or just for good munching and fun to serve in a loaf of bread," she says.
Recommended: 12 Recipes to Make in a Bread Bowl
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt and mayonnaise. Stir in broccoli, pimientos, parsley, onion, dill and garlic powder. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottom of leaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Set the shell aside. Cut the top and removed bread into cubes; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Fill bread shell with dip. Serve with toasted bread cubes. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Broccoli Dip in a Bread Bowl in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p17