Broccoli Crab Bisque
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 cup sliced leeks (white portion only)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained
- In a large saucepan, saute the leeks, mushrooms and broccoli in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the flour, thyme, pepper and bay leaf; mix well. Stir in broth and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add the cheese and crab; stir until cheese is melted and soup is heated through. Discard bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 191 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 532mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 24, 2011
I doubled the recipe & used 1 whole leek, omitted the mushrooms & added some shrimp to it. I would make this again the family loved it and it was very simple to make