I finally discovered a way to get my family to eat more broccoli by tucking it into corn bread. This bread has a slightly sweet taste that completely hides the broccoli.—Nila Towler, Baird, Texas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- In a bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add cottage cheese, broccoli, onion, 6 tablespoons butter and muffin mix; beat well. Pour remaining butter into a 10-in. ovenproof skillet; pour batter into skillet. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 143 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Broccoli Cornbread in Taste of Home February/March 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.