- 1-1/2 cups crushed cornflakes, divided
- 1-1/4 cups soft bread crumbs (about 2 slices), divided
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted, divided
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup of cornflake crumbs and 1/3 cup bread crumbs. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons butter and toss to coat; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the corn, broccoli, eggs, onion, salt, pepper and the remaining cornflakes, bread crumbs and butter. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2 qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forBroccoli Corn Casserole
"I've made this for Thanksgiving and Christmas for at least 7 years. It's become a family favorite. I originally found the recipe here when I was looking for a dairy free holiday side dish (my daughter is highly allergic to milk). I use a milk-free margarine in place of the butter and it is still very tasty."
"Pretty side dish. Next time I would add some cheese for added flavor."
"Made this for a covered dish dinner. It was not a favorite. Very dry, and we thought too many crumbs (cornflakes & breadcrumbs) that seemed to make it so dry and pasty. Will not make this again."