Broccoli Chicken Stir-Fry
"Chinese Five Spice is the key ingredient in this colorful stir-fry," notes Lucy Duncan of Willis, Virginia.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 8 minutes or until lightly browned and juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry the broccoli, red pepper, water chestnuts, snow peas, onion and garlic for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Return chicken to the pan; sprinkle with Chinese Five spice. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 459 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 35g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.