Broccoli Chicken Stir-Fry for Two
Served on a bed of spaghetti squash, this easy stir-fry offers a restaurant-quality dinner at a fraction of the cost. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 medium spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 4-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- Place squash cut side down in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the broth, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, vinegar and pepper flakes until smooth; set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and soy sauce. Place cornstarch in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with cornstarch. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil in batches until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli and onion for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Serve with stir-fry.