VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 8 minutes or until lightly browned and juices run clear. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry the broccoli, red pepper, water chestnuts, snow peas, onion and garlic for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Return chicken to the pan; sprinkle with Chinese Five spice. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Chicken Stir-Fry in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p48
Reviews forBroccoli Chicken Stir-Fry
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2011
"not good flavoring all I could taste was the cloves"