Broccoli Chicken Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1 cup stuffing mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Colby cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, broccoli, carrots and onion in oil for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in the soup, stuffing mix, milk, raisins and pepper. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Freeze option: Before adding cheese, cool casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before reheating. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover casserole with foil; bake 20-30 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 522 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 1005mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 3g fiber), 47g protein.
Aug 5, 2014
This was easy to make. It tasted good but I prefer a little more taste so I added some extra black pepper.
May 16, 2014
this was very good, but it is so similar to chicken stir-fry that I think I will stay with that.
Mar 17, 2014
A good weeknight recipe. It was fast and easy, and it provides the vegetables we all need, but nothing spectacular. I will make again when time is running low during the week.
Apr 18, 2013
Although the picture looks GREAT, we found this to be salty due to the canned soup and cheese, I am sure. Maybe a low sodium soup would help. It was ok but not high on the list to make again.
Nov 15, 2012
I haven't made this, nor do I intend to do so:Why? 522 calories, 21 g fat, 1005 mg sodium--that is exactly why. We need more healthy recipes rather than recipes like this. I love broccoli and chicken, but I can make healthier recipes than this.
Apr 16, 2012
Nice comfort food. I used rice instead of stuffing mix and cream of chicken soup as that was all I had. It turned out really well. Creamy without being too naughty.
Dec 5, 2011
At first I was not excited about the combination of stuffing, raisins and carrots. BUT it's SO good! I make this for my family atleast twice a month. Cleanup is awesome since it's just in one pan.
Nov 28, 2011
I liked how easy this was, and my family loved it. I double it and had plenty leftovers for later, easy to do.We served it with dinner rolls!
Aug 29, 2011
I doubled this recipe and put in cream of chicken soup instead of cream of broccoli. I was a little skeptical about the raisins in it, but it was excellent! I love that I didn't have to make a vegetable side dish to go with this because it's loaded with both broccoli and carrots.
Jan 5, 2011
Digging through the archieves and found this one. It was good. I followed the earlier suggestion and used pasta instead of stuffing. I used already cooked chicken cubed, so I would recommend sauteing the onions first then adding the rest. Served with bisquits. :)