Broccoli Chicken Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Paprika, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add the chicken, broccoli and onion. In a small bowl, combine the soup, milk, cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken mixture and stir until combined.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 284 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 489mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jun 24, 2010
I found it very bland. Definitely needs more spices!
Jun 5, 2010
This recipe has amazing flavour and is appealing to the eye. I did a little tweeking to the recipe, but overall it was a crowd pleaser and a definite keeper for my recipe collection.
Jan 13, 2010
My husband and I love this casserole. I used fresh broccoli and cooked it a little first before adding to casserole. The basil really gives it a nice flavour.
Mar 12, 2008
Recipe was very very good, and very easy to make. Family loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.