Broccoli Chicken Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked yolk-free noodles
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Paprika, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add the chicken, broccoli and onion. In a small bowl, combine the soup, milk, cheese, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken mixture and stir until combined.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 284 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 489mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 24, 2010
I found it very bland. Definitely needs more spices!
Jun 5, 2010
This recipe has amazing flavour and is appealing to the eye. I did a little tweeking to the recipe, but overall it was a crowd pleaser and a definite keeper for my recipe collection.
Jan 13, 2010
My husband and I love this casserole. I used fresh broccoli and cooked it a little first before adding to casserole. The basil really gives it a nice flavour.
Mar 12, 2008
Recipe was very very good, and very easy to make. Family loved it.