Broccoli Chicken Braid
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stir in mayonnaise. Unroll both tubes of crescent roll dough into one long rectangle. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Roll into a 15x12-in. rectangle, sealing seams and perforations. Spoon chicken mixture down center third of dough.
- On each long side, cut eight strips about 3-1/2 in. into the center. bring one strip from each side over filling and pinch ends to seal; repeat. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until filling is heated through and top is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 350 calories, 25g fat (7g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 22, 2013
I get more compliments on this simple dish, than any I make for company suppers or potlucks
Oct 22, 2012
Didn't like it at all. My husband was excited for it while I was making it, but it failed!! Will not be making again.
Jan 5, 2010
This is very good and not as difficult as it looks. I omit the green pepper and slivered almonds.
Mar 2, 2009
I made this recipe this past weekend, it was GREAT! My family loved it. I tweaked it a little but basically stuck to the recipe.