Broccoli Chicken Braid
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Stir in mayonnaise. Unroll both tubes of crescent roll dough into one long rectangle. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Roll into a 15x12-in. rectangle, sealing seams and perforations. Spoon chicken mixture down center third of dough.
- On each long side, cut eight strips about 3-1/2 in. into the center. bring one strip from each side over filling and pinch ends to seal; repeat. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until filling is heated through and top is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 350 calories, 25g fat (7g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Dec 22, 2013
I get more compliments on this simple dish, than any I make for company suppers or potlucks
Oct 22, 2012
Didn't like it at all. My husband was excited for it while I was making it, but it failed!! Will not be making again.
Jan 5, 2010
This is very good and not as difficult as it looks. I omit the green pepper and slivered almonds.
Mar 2, 2009
I made this recipe this past weekend, it was GREAT! My family loved it. I tweaked it a little but basically stuck to the recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.