Broccoli Chicken Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick saucepan over medium heat, cook onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Drain noodles; place in a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Stir in 1 cup sauce. Layer with the chicken, broccoli and remaining sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 354 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 601mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 9, 2014
This is a good low calorie recipe. Made it exactly as written. Will make again.
Oct 3, 2011
Double the sauce. Do not use frozen broccoli or precook it.Otherwise tasty and will make again. My kids really liked it
Feb 27, 2011
Very simple and very good. My 5 year old eventually ate it (with some coaxing) but my 2 1/2 year old wouldn't really eat it.
Apr 6, 2010
Chicken broccoli bake is delicious and incredibly easy to make. It's one my family makes any time we have the time and we eat it all in one meal. It's a keeper for sure and going in my recipe box.
Apr 6, 2010
Used fresh broccoli instead of frozen.
Jun 2, 2008
I made this dish for my boys (age 4 and 6), and they loved it! I used high fiber egg noodles and 75% low-fat cheddar, and you would never have known. Excellent! Really good leftover too!
Apr 3, 2008
This is very easy to make and excellent tasting.