Broccoli Cheese Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makes12-16 servings (4 quarts)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups hot water
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 6 cups milk
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the water, bouillon and garlic powder; bring to a boil. Stir until bouillon is dissolved. Add pasta and salt; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add milk and cheese; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 23, 2018
One of my favorite dishes ever!! Simple, yet delicious. :) <3
Jun 6, 2017
Very good. I cut the recipe in half. Also used Cheddar instead of Velvetta and Chicken broth instead of water and Bouillon and fresh broccoli (about 3 cups) instead of frozen.
Nov 27, 2013
Best soup ever!!!
Sep 9, 2010