- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups hot water
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 6 cups milk
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the water, bouillon and garlic powder; bring to a boil. Stir until bouillon is dissolved. Add pasta and salt; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add milk and cheese; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Yield: 12-16 servings (4 quarts).
Reviews forBroccoli Cheese Soup
"One of my favorite dishes ever!! Simple, yet delicious. :) <3"
"Very good. I cut the recipe in half. Also used Cheddar instead of Velvetta and chicken broth instead of water and Bouillon and fresh broccoli (about 3 cups) instead of frozen."
"Best soup ever!!!"