Broccoli-Cheese Noodle Soup Recipe
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 ounces angel hair pasta, broken into small pieces
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1. Cook both the broccoli and pasta according to package directions; drain. In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in the water, milk and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Stir in the broccoli, pasta and sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 4-5 servings.
1 cup: 325 calories, 23g fat (15g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 541mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli-Cheese Noodle Soup
"Delicious! I will double next time, because the servings were small. My 2 year old daughter kept saying, "this is so so good"."