- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- In a bowl, combine eggs, butter and salt. Stir in corn bread mix just until blended. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Slice and serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forBroccoli-Cheese Corn Bread
"I replaced my longtime spinach cornbread recipe with this version because it's so much easier to prepare. I substitute frozen chopped spinach for the broccoli and bake it in a square pan instead of as muffins. It's fantastic! I won't go back to my old version again."
"With 1/2 cup of butter, the recipe was greasy to me. I couldn't tell that there was broccoli in the bread - it tasted of the butter and onion. Sounded good!"