Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a small bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place in greased mini-muffin cups. Using floured fingers, press evenly onto bottoms and up sides of cups.
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine egg, condensed soup, milk and mayonnaise; stir in cheese and cooked broccoli. Spoon about 1 tablespoon filling into each cup. For topping, mix bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake until edges are golden brown, 18-22 minutes. Cool in pans 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Serve warm. To Make Ahead: Dough can be made 2 days in advance. Freeze option: Freeze cooled pastries on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags. To use, reheat pastries on ungreased baking sheets in a preheated 350° oven 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned and heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 tassie: 92 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 15, 2018
These were delicious and easy to make. I didn't have to refrigerate the dough and it was easy to handle.
Jan 3, 2018
so so yummy..everyone loved themused premade pie crust...fast and easy. froze them too and were great reheated
Dec 20, 2016
So tasty! I skipped the topping and added some minced onion to the filling. For the crust, I used 8 oz of cream cheese and 1.5 sticks of butter. There was twice as much filling as crust, so you could double the crust or save the extra filling for later. I got 40 tassies from a single batch of crust. A wonderful holiday appetizer!
Nov 18, 2016
Amazing! I always make these for the holidays.