Broccoli Cheddar Spread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 envelope vegetable recipe mix (Knorr)
- Pita chips or reduced-fat crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place broccoli and water in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. In a large bowl, combine sour cream, 1/2 cup cheese and recipe mix. Gently stir in broccoli.
- Transfer to an ungreased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with pita chips or crackers.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 80 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat-free milk, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 13, 2013
I made this for a party and it was a hit! Every last bit was gone. I added a 1/2 brick of cream cheese, a little onion powder, garlic powder, and some cooked bacon bits. Would have been fine without the bacon bits as well. Will definitely make this one again.