Broccoli Cheddar Spread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups (16 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 envelope vegetable recipe mix (Knorr)
- Pita chips or reduced-fat crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place broccoli and water in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. In a large bowl, combine sour cream, 1/2 cup cheese and recipe mix. Gently stir in broccoli.
- Transfer to an ungreased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with pita chips or crackers.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 80 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat-free milk, 1/2 fat.
Apr 13, 2013
I made this for a party and it was a hit! Every last bit was gone. I added a 1/2 brick of cream cheese, a little onion powder, garlic powder, and some cooked bacon bits. Would have been fine without the bacon bits as well. Will definitely make this one again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.