- 4 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups (16 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 envelope vegetable recipe mix (Knorr)
- Pita chips or reduced-fat crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place broccoli and water in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. In a large bowl, combine sour cream, 1/2 cup cheese and recipe mix. Gently stir in broccoli.
- Transfer to an ungreased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with pita chips or crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews forBroccoli Cheddar Spread
"I made this for a party and it was a hit! Every last bit was gone. I added a 1/2 brick of cream cheese, a little onion powder, garlic powder, and some cooked bacon bits. Would have been fine without the bacon bits as well. Will definitely make this one again."