Broccoli-Cheddar Baked Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 70 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 large baking potato
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Pepper to taste
- Scrub and pierce potato. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the broccoli, mushrooms and pimientos in oil until vegetables are tender; set aside.
- When potato is cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a small bowl, mash the pulp. Stir in 2 tablespoons cheese, yogurt, salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper. Stir in broccoli mixture. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 226 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 417mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Apr 17, 2018
When a recipe says one "large" potato, I never know exactly what they mean. I bought an average size potato (compared to all the rest I found) but I think, based on the results of this recipe, it was far too large. I much prefer a weight for this reason.I skipped the mushroom completely and used a sweet red pepper in place of the pimientos. The flavor was extremely subtle on ours. We had to put extra salt on at the end. I think that if we had the better ratio of ingredients this would have probably tasted better. As-is, it's probably a 3 star. But I think it has potential, so I bumped it up to a 4. If I make this again I'll probably do 1.5 times all the filling.
Apr 4, 2010
Make this all the time!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.