- 1 large baking potato
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Pepper to taste
- Scrub and pierce potato. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute the broccoli, mushrooms and pimientos in oil until vegetables are tender; set aside.
- When potato is cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a small bowl, mash the pulp. Stir in 2 tablespoons cheese, yogurt, salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper. Stir in broccoli mixture. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forBroccoli-Cheddar Baked Potatoes
"When a recipe says one "large" potato, I never know exactly what they mean. I bought an average size potato (compared to all the rest I found) but I think, based on the results of this recipe, it was far too large. I much prefer a weight for this reason.I skipped the mushroom completely and used a sweet red pepper in place of the pimientos. The flavor was extremely subtle on ours. We had to put extra salt on at the end. I think that if we had the better ratio of ingredients this would have probably tasted better. As-is, it's probably a 3 star. But I think it has potential, so I bumped it up to a 4. If I make this again I'll probably do 1.5 times all the filling."
"Make this all the time!"