My family spends a lot of time outdoors in the summer. Served with homemade bread and fresh fruit, this chicken and vegetable salad makes a light and easy meal.
Recommended: 25 Potluck Side Dishes to Feed a Crowd
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large covered saucepan, steam broccoli, cauliflower and carrots in water for 2-3 minutes; drain. Place in a bowl; add chicken and tomatoes. Combine dressing ingredients; pour over salad.
- Cover and chill for at least 4 hours, stirring occasionally. Drain before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli-Cauliflower Toss in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p9